Brief Update

Because I'm spending most of my time writing Lance & Ringo Tails and editing Livinity, I haven't devoted any time to my blogs lately (this one or Anti-Running Runner, but Lance & Ringo Tails blog is updated regularly). I do give updates on Twitter @briaburton for anyone who wants to follow my feed.

So here's a brief update.

I attended the FWA Conference in October, and it was a wonderful time as always. The sessions were extremely informative and I love seeing friends from previous conferences and hearing about their writing progress. My short story, "The Price of Integrity" was published in FWA Collection #5 It's a Crime.

I've decided to take all of my short stories from Lance & Ringo Tails and put them into a collection that will be available as a print and e-book to be released Dec 15th. Tail Ten will be exclusively featured in this collection. The other nine "tails" are currently available in the Kindle Store.

About 18 months ago, I announced my first paid publication. "A Black Gaping Hole" was to appear in the March 2013 issue of Aoife's Kiss. However, this was apparently not meant to be. My contract (which included token payment and a contributor's copy) has never been fulfilled. There was apparently a takeover by another publisher. After multiple failed attempts to reach their editor with no response, I sent a notice of contract voided and let them know I give them no rights to my story. The whole ordeal is a long story, one I will share in a future post.

Needless to say, I edited the story, changed the name, and submitted the new version elsewhere. So hopefully that one will have a chance to see the light of day.

As for Livinity, the editing is slow going, but I enjoy it. I'm adding quite a lot as well, mostly for clarity, and I know it's improving.

 

Comments