A Space To Write

I don't love writing in our home office. I'm not sure exactly what it is. I feel sort of closed in. My desk, the one I've had since college, is not terribly writer-friendly. It has this shelf down low so that I can't scoot my chair all the way forward and my back ends up hurting after a while.

Therefore, I'm jumping for joy at the new writing space my husband has created for me. It was his idea to take the kitchenette area and turn it into my own haven for writing.



Lance is exhausted from helping his daddy
 We bought shelves and a new chair from Ikea. We bought a desk from Staples. And hubby basically put everything together. I did little except encourage and thank and help with menial things like lifting heavy stuff with him.


Shelves done, now the desk



Getting things arranged.


Yes, that's a picture of Mr. Darcy from Pride & Prejudice that my cousin
bought me from the Jane Austen museum

I don't know what it is, but I get so excited to come home to this writing space. It welcomes me. Makes me feel more creative. I wonder if other writers relate to this.



Ringo is....not helping
 I'm extremely grateful for my hubby. He is very humble and doesn't promote himself ever, and really doesn't want to be praised. Too bad! I can't help but feel overwhelmed by the time and effort he puts into me and my writing endeavors. What a blessing he is to me.

Comments

  1. I, too, created a new writing space about a year ago--also with the help of my hubby--because the home office felt too business-like and claustrophobic. Having a welcoming space really does make a difference. Enjoy your new writing home, Bria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Miche Sipes! I knew I couldn't be the only one who felt this way

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment