Book Review: The Cat Who Loved Dogs by Sunny Fader

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007EV57M4

Before I begin my review, I'd like to take a moment and share a few personal anecdotes about author Sunny Fader, who passed away recently.

Sunny was a long-time supporter and friend of the Florida Writers Association. With her writing experience and expertise, she has helped many fellow authors and writers over the years. I vividly remember when she spoke at an FWA St. Pete meeting a few years ago about her background in screenwriting (and her days in LA), her highly successful non-fiction book about obtaining and keeping volunteers, and her help with the history of FWA that was published in 2011. The last time I saw her was at Wilson's Book World where she and I (and several other local authors) were doing readings from our books on Florida Bookstore Day. She gave me some lovely and kind words as she handed me one of her books and asked if I would accept it as a gift.

Sunny also wrote a blurb for my pet stories collection, Lance & Ringo Tails, that appears on the back cover of the book. I'll never forget her generous and sweet spirit. She will be greatly missed.

As a pet owner, I adored this poignant, true tale. The Cat Who Loved Dogs particularly spoke to me because I have a cat and dog who love each other like brothers. The stories Sunny tells about Hillary, a cat like no other, are quite funny and endearing. Her relationship with a dog named Brandy is touching and her quest to find further canine companions nothing short of miraculous.

I'd give the book five stars and recommend it to any animal lover, whether a dog or a cat is the preferred domestic companion. It's a nice, quick read that might send you straight to a pet shelter afterward. Be sure to have the tissues handy.

To purchase a copy of the paperback or ebook on Amazon, click HERE.


Comments

  1. Hello Bria Burton. so good to know you thorugh your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am glad to stop by your blog post which has to do with the book review of the book "The Cat Who Loved Dogs". This gives me an opportunityto share with you a program our church in Mumbai, India has for the young and the adults from west. I am glad to know that you are a follower of Christ and a wiriter. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 37yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We also encourage young and and adults from the west to come to MUMBAI to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to MUMBAI to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have so many live stories of the life in the slums of Mumbi of the poorest of poor. I am also sure that you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment