Recent and Upcoming Short Story Publications

Addendum (8/18/15): I just received word that "Tight Pants," a short piece that Page & Spine accepted about a year ago, will be published on August 28, 2015 (yay!)

I've been overwhelmed with all the blessings that have been coming my way in the writing realm. God is so good. It's difficult to know where to begin since I've neglected the blog and can hardly remember the last thing I posted (before yesterday's post).

Upcoming Publications

A short story, "The Empty Girl," will appear in Revisions: Stories of Starting Over in October. This will be Collection #7 from the Florida Writers Association. Out of that number, I've had four previous pieces appear. I'm very excited to be featured this year after not making it last year.



A reprint, "The Mute Girl," will appear in Youth Imagination magazine. Date TBD. The fantasy piece originally appeared in eFantasy.

http://youthimagination.org/

I'm also still in line for publication on a short story called "Tight Pants" that was accepted at Page & Spine a year ago. Still not sure when that piece will be published, but I'll be sure to announce it.

Recent Publications

"Ticket to Heaven," a short story, is now available online at Faith Hope and Fiction. The magazine describes itself as an "e-literary magazine and community of readers and writers who enjoy stories that inspire and entertain." More details on the story in yesterday's post.
www.faithhopeandfiction.com

"The Wheels Must Turn," which originally appeared in My Wheels, FWA Collection #4, was published as a reprint in an anthology called Broken Worlds. The Kindle Edition is now available and the paperback will be coming soon. This time, I got paid for the story! I also received one of the nicest acceptance letters I've ever gotten. It started with this line: "Thank you for sending us 'The Wheels Must Turn'. We all sat around a table and gushed about this story for a while." I gushed to Jesus after reading that from the editor.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012V2KQQ2

Contest Status 2015

RPLA Finalist - Little Angel Helper (published novella category)
RPLA Finalist - Sprinter (unpublished women's fiction category)

The Royal Palm Literary Award Banquet is held at the FWA Conference in October. This year, I am a Finalist with two of my entries. I'll find out at the Banquet if I placed (1st, 2nd, 3rd) or not.

Needless to say, I'm still writing.

Comments