My First Elementary School Presentation

Saying YES

If you read my last blog post called 20 Things For 2020 you probably noticed that I had one item (#4) regarding realistic writing goals. That includes saying "Yes" when I can.

When a local author friend reached out to me about Blanton Elementary School's "Fall in Love with Reading" event, I was thrilled to be invited to give a presentation. This was my very first time coming to an elementary school as an author.

A Special Night


My presentation focused on the stars of my children's book, Lance the dog and Ringo the cat. I talked about how writing inspiration can come from real people (and pets!). The kids seemed to really enjoy my talk. And to my surprise, I sold several copies of Lance & Ringo Tails that night. Having never done an event like this before, I had no expectations regarding book sales, but was pleasantly surprised.


Another local author also gave a presentation. Davon Miller, a high school student (!) at Lakewood, has written and illustrated five children's books. I was thrilled to buy one of his books that night to read to my two year old.

Check out all the pictures on my Facebook Author Fan Page. And be sure to LIKE the page if you haven't already.



Comments