PUSH

In the midst of writing my novels, I am also entering short story contests and submitting short stories and poems to literary magazines. The more I PUSH, my chances will inevitably increase for publication! As of yet, I am unpublished in any writing category, and when submitting a query for my novel, I would like to be able to mention writing credits. Something else to strive for.

Someone told me a story I want to share.

A man asked God to make him strong so he could be a great warrior. God told him to PUSH a giant boulder that was blocking the entrance to a cave with a source of food and water. The nearby village was in need of food and water, so the man believed God would give him the strength to move the boulder.

Every day, the man asked God to give him the strength, and every day he pushed and pushed, but the boulder didn’t budge. The man felt foolish, but he still believed that if he kept trying, God would grant his heart’s desire.

After one year, the man decided he had enough. He went to the boulder, but instead of pushing against it fruitlessly, he spoke to God.

“Why do you ask me to move this boulder when you don’t give me the strength to do it? I am tired of failing day after day. I give up.”

God said, “Look at your arms. Look at your legs. Your muscles have become strong over this year. I never asked you to move the boulder, I only asked you to PUSH the boulder. Now that you have shown me your persistence, I will answer your prayer, and I will move the boulder for you.”

With that, God moved the boulder and the villagers now had an abundance of food and water. And the man became the greatest warrior the village ever had.

P.U.S.H.= Pray Until Something Happens

Comments

  1. I needed that story tonight. Thanks, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would have been a better ending if god had said, "Look at your arms. Look at your legs. Your muscles have become strong over this year. I never asked you to move the boulder, I only asked you to PUSH the boulder. Now I ask that you use your brains, and think of the best way to move this thing, because it's kind of ridiculous trying to push this boulder. I know you can do it!" And with that, the man and the rest of the villagers used a lever and log system to move the boulder away, and had so much confidence in themselves, amen.
    Is that bad? Maybe I just got told too much as a child "god helps those who helps themselves" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent story!! I'm following over from D.L. Hammons and this was a story that was really great.

    I love the ending when you put P.U.S.H. because it's so true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayer...God's way for us to tap into His power.
    I’ve enjoyed looking over your blog. I came across it through another blog I follow, and I’m glad I did. I am now a follower of yours as well. Feel free to look over my blog and perhaps become a follower as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment