PUBLICATION!

“I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13, NAS)


YES.

That blessed word. After three rejections, I finally got to hear it. Reading the FWA email (“Your piece has been selected”) caused the yes to resound in my mind with the accompaniment of bells ringing and trumpets bleating. I had to leap from my seat to let out the yes, raise my hands in victory with the family members present, and we celebrated my first short story publication.

As for the three rejections, I mentioned the poetry one in the last entry. Then my fantasy short story came back with a note: “This piece didn’t grab my attention.” Thanks to some friendly advice (Hea!), I’m reworking that piece and will try submitting again. Lastly, a flash fiction piece I entered in a contest did not win.

The yes email came from the Florida Writers Association (FWA). I am an active member, and only members could submit to their latest publication. Last year, they put out a collection of sixty short stories in a book, From Our Family To Yours. A short story I submitted to that publication was rejected.

This year, my short story, “Maribel’s Day of Death,” will be included in their publication, Slices of Life. Again, there will be sixty stories and a person of renown, Eliot Kleinberg, who writes the introduction and chooses his top ten favorites, which are published first in the book. As it so happens, he chose MY story as his #4 favorite!

Not only will my story appear in the collection, but it will be fourth in the book! YES!

Thanks so much to all who have prayed for and encouraged me. A special thanks to my critique group, who helped me polish the piece.

PRAISE JESUS!

Comments

  1. Bria! That's awesome! Congrats!
    ~:D ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linked here from Steve's blog.

    Congratulations on getting a short story included for publication. Esp congratulations on being in the top ten! That is a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking in for an update. Thanks for joining Bible Fountain. I don't know if you got to check out Family Fountain - that is my main one. Hope your work continues to progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bria that is so awesome! The talents the Lord gives us really are meant to be shared with others, aren't they. It's all for His glory and you get blessed as well! What an accomplishment! :)
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That's so exciting.

    I would love to get your comments and perspective on some of my recent entries. Feel free to stop by when you have a little time!

    alonganarrowway.blogspot.com

    God bless, and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment