"On Both Sides" Featured in Local Anthology

"On Both Sides" in Writers of Pinellas Anthology

At a writers picnic back in April, I met Laura Joyce Moriarty, an author and owner of Four Roses & Brown Publishing. She was looking for stories for a new anthology featuring Pinellas County authors.

Hey, I'm a Pinellas County author. Pick me, pick me!

At the writers picnic, I was also getting great advice about my query letter from Molli Nickell!
Okay, there was a little more to it than that. Since she was accepting reprints, and I didn't have a lot of time to write a new story before the deadline, I sent a handful of my previously published works.

To my surprise, she picked "On Both Sides," the longest of the stories I sent.

All Proceeds to a Good Cause

I've been involved in multiple events with Wordier Than Thou, from their Fiction, LIVE! readings to Florida Bookstore Day to the Tampa Bay Book Fair. They do a great job of supporting local authors, providing avenues for writers to showcase their work, and encouraging reading and writing throughout the Tampa Bay area.

When Laura explained that all proceeds from the Writers of Pinellas Anthology would go directly to the Wordier Than Thou Bookstore, I was thrilled. The independent bookstore just opened recently, and I can't wait to get over there to check it out for myself.

For anyone shopping on Amazon, here is a link to the eBook and the Paperback.

For anyone interested in stopping by the Wordier Than Thou Bookstore, here is their address: 5741 75th Ave. N,  Pinellas Park, FL 33781


About the Story

When a mysterious woman vanishes during the American Revolution, young Robby Freeman searches for answers from a cryptic sharpshooter who deserted Washington's Continental Army.

"On Both Sides" originally appeared as a Single Kindle Story before being featured in The Prometheus Saga anthology in 2015.





Comments