The Dying Light of Stars on the Journey Into Podcast

Space Stations, Moon Colonies, A Space Bridge, & A Lone Survivor

http://journeyintopodcast.blogspot.com/2019/05/journey-148-journey-into-dying-light-of_13.html

Valla Hale is trapped aboard Earth S-1 Station where an unexplained mass casualty event has left her devastated and alone. But everything is on lock-down and she's running out of time to escape.

Click HERE for the Free Podcast Episode

Fullcast Production = voice actors, sound effects, & music

ME: Mind Blown!


Winner of the Journey Into Writing Contest

About two and a half years ago, I wrote a speculative fiction story for a podcast contest. The contest rules were simple: the title must include "Journey Into," the genre should be spec fic (science fiction, fantasy, and/or horror), and there had to be a journey of some kind within the story.

For the contest, I wanted to write a science fiction story involving isolation either on or near the moon. I brainstormed ways to incorporate a moon colony. Eventually, I decided to set the story on a space station near Earth connected by a 350,000 km bridge to a moon space station. From there, the ideas flowed and I completed Journey Into the Dying Light of Stars.

Host Marshal Latham of the Journey Into podcast has apologized for the delay in running the contest winners on his podcast, but this is a hobby for him. He has a day job and a family, and the wait to hear my story as a podcast episode didn't bother me. Now that the episode is live, I'm very pleased with the end result.

I'm thrilled with the opportunity to have my story produced as a fullcast episode with voice actors, sound effects, and music.


Ways to Listen on Your Phone/Tablet

Click HERE and you'll be directed to the podcast website. There is a Play button on the audio player, and you can listen to the story for free.

If you have an Apple smartphone or tablet, you can also listen on the free Podcasts app. Here is a link: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/journey-into/id448012554

If you have an Android, there are many free podcast apps such as Podbean:
https://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/s8yd2-3a547/Journey-Into...-Podcast

Once you download the app for your phone or tablet, search the podcast library for Journey Into. The show is hosted by Marshal Latham, and the episode with my story is #148.

What Do You Think of the Story?

Have you had a chance to listen to the story yet? If so, what did you think? I'd love to hear your comments. Feel free to let me know your thoughts here on the blog, or you can email me at bria.nicole@briaburton.com.



Comments